Applicants must attend school in Madison County, and should have a genuine interest in the arts, (dance, theater, singing, painting, and literary arts related to artistic endeavors), and should have obviously displayed that interest. Preferably, applicants should intend to pursue said interest by a major or minor in the subject at a college or university of choice.
- Applicants must have been accepted, or have a college application in progress to a 4 year accredited college or university, or a 2 year accredited junior college.
- ACT / SAT scores must be reasonably in line with college entrance norm. Applicant must meet minimum for entrance into area colleges / universities.
- Preferably, the applicant’s class placement should be in the top 25%.
- Applicants must be serious enough to complete application carefully and submit it on time.
- Applicant should submit a one page essay in his own handwriting describing his interest in and how he plans to pursue his chosen field.
- Applicants must be serious students who, in the opinion of their teachers and counselors and or other responsible members of the community, will attend and complete college.
- Application must be received by the Madison County Arts Council on or before April 1.
- Once a student has received a scholarship, it is renewable for (1) one additional year of
college. Request must be accompanied by proof of receipt of tuition fees.
- Monies not accepted during the calendar year that the recipient becomes eligible to receive the funds will revert to the Madison County Arts Council’s general funds and will no longer be available to recipient.
$1000.00 payable upon proof of receipt of tuition fees.
Completed scholarship applications should be mailed to:
Madison County Arts Council
P.O. Box 246
Madisonville, TX 77864
Past MCAC Scholarship
- Amber Gaddy – 2005
- Rutillio Caballero – 2005
- Trey Cool – 2006
- Jennifer Congdon – 2007
- Jessie Alan Hellums – 2008
- Aaron Jones – 2009
- Fred Schmidt – 2010
- Terry Livingston – 2011
- Ashley Winter – 2012