The Madison County Arts Council Annual Dinner will be held on Saturday March 9, 2013 at Legends Steak House. All are invited to attend! Join us at 6:00 p.m. for cocktails and view Artwork from some of the Madison County area’s finest artists and also from some of our youngest artists! There will be a silent auction, door prizes, and more.
Fine cuisine from Chef Ashley will be served at 6:30 p.m.
The Dinner will cost $30.00 per person. This includes salad, bread, entrée, beverages and dessert. Price does not include alcohol. Reservations are recommended as spaces are limited. You may make reservations by phone or by mailing a check or money order made out to MCAC.
Please include the following information:
Name, number of people in your party, mailing address, and phone number
Mail payments to:
P.O. Box 246
Madisonville, TX 77864
Jessie Dansby at (936)355-0793
The votes are in for the 2012 Photo Contest!
Download the Madison County Writers Guild’s newsletter, The Inkwell:
August 2012 – Vol. 3, Issue 3
February 2012 – Vol. 3, Issue 2
November 2011 – Vol. 3, Issue 1
May 2011 – Vol. 2, Issue 3
January 2011 – Vol. 2, Issue 2
September 2010 – Vol. 2, Issue 1
May 2010 – Vol. 1, Issue 3
January 2010 – Vol. 1, Issue 2
September 2008 – Vol. 1, Unpublished Issue
September 2008 – Vol. 1, Issue 1
The 2011-2012 Writers Guild – Guild Choice Awards have been announced:
- Winner in the 2011 Christmas Anthology – Frieda Michael for her story “Was I Dreaming?”
- Runner-up in the 2011 Christmas Anthology – Joan Escamilla for her story “Pedro’s First Christmas Posada”
- Honorable Mention in the 2011 Christmas Anthology – Jacqueline Davis for her story “The Glass Girl”
- Winner in the Winter Anthology - Joan Escamilla for her story “The Christmas Card Basket”
- Runner-up in the Winter Anthology – Laura Collins for her story “Boomer Rabbit and the Winter Snow”
- Honorable Mention in the Winter Anthology – Brig Lentz for his story “Paintball Wonderland”
- Winner Anthology Poetry – Rosa Allphin for her poem “My Hometown”
- Runner-up Anthology Poetry – Louis Popowskyj for his poem “The Deceiver”
- Winner Open Readings – Brian Collins for his story “The Colossus of Madison County”
- Runner-up Open Readings – Laura Collins for “Emma Kate’s Flowers”
- Honorable Mention Open Readings – Kim Davis for “The Flight”
- Winner Open Readings Poetry – Kim Davis for “Hummingbird Minuet”
- Runner-up Open Readings Poetry – Joan Escamilla for “Night Warrior”
- Honorable Mention Open Readings Poetry – Kyra Elliott for “Fight for Jesus”
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 is the last official meeting of the Madison County Writers Guild for 2011-2012. Meetings will resume in August with our annual business meeting.
We meet in the Madison County Library annex at 6:30 pm. on the third Tuesday of the month from August through May.
The Madison County Arts Council Board of Directors meets at 5:00 PM on the second Tuesday of each month at the Truman Kimbro Center on the south side of the Madison County Courthouse Square. All interested persons are invited to attend. Persons wishing to address the Board may contact the board president, Fred Keefer, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be placed on the agenda.
Join the Arts Council
Friend of the Arts – $25/per person
Art Enthusiast – $50/per person
Art Advocate – $100/per person
Art Patron – $250/per person
Art Ambassador – $500/per person
Click HERE to download our membership application.
Art Affair members Toni Hardy and Rita Spencer recently entered their work in the Brazos Valley Art League/Lone Star Art Guild Judged Show, and made us proud!
You can see all the work from the 3rd BVAL/Lone Star Art Guild Judged Show until February 3rd at The Arts Center at 2275 Dartmouth Street in College Station. It is open Monday thru Thursday 9am – 6pm, Friday 9am – 5pm, and Saturday 10am – 2pm. For more information about the Arts Center, contact the ACBV at 979-696-2787 or email@example.com.
The Madison County Writers Guild had a busy November meeting. They were entertained by local author Coach Johnny Carter, who talked about his new book, “The First Season.” In addition a certificate of gratitude was presented to President Emeritus M. Elizabeth (“Marianne”) Gage, who is leaving Madison County. She will be sorely missed. In Marianne’s honor, members brought refreshments, and a good time was had by all. See pictures from the evening below.
Visitors to the Texas Mushroom Festival are asked to vote on their favorite photo from among all the entries submitted to our annual photography contest. This year, all the photos were once again on display at the Truman Kimbro Center, and this picture is the one the majority of visitors liked best. It is called “See Ya”, and it was taken by Meghan Williams of Midway, Texas.
The winners of the 2011 Photography Contest have been announced, and they are ready for you to view!
The Photos will be on display at the Truman Kimbro Center in beautiful downtown Madisonville on Saturday, October 22, 2011 as part of the Texas Mushroom Festival.
For a map and details, visit the Texas Mushroom Festival’s Website: